Blogging helps me share things with people. My goal is for you to see something that brings a smile to you.

Thursday, October 17, 2013

The Grand Bohemian

My husband and I went to Asheville North Carolina so he could attend a seminar.  The trouble was the seminar was the day after my birthday and my husband knew he would have to travel on my birthday.  Because of this conflict I liked his solution and that was to take me with him.  While he was at the seminar I got to go and play tourist of the Asheville area.
   The seminar was being held in the Grand Bohemian Hotel and I would have to meet my husband there.  Sometimes they didn't get out when they should and so I had to sit and wait.  I didn't mind too much because here's some of the things I was getting to look at while I waited:

The hotel as you drive up to it.
 I loved this chandelier with made from antlers and had crystals hanging from it. 
 Not the best image but they had this bronze deer on the table in the waiting area.  The place was suppose to look like a hunting lodge. 
 They even had a huge fireplace.  And behind it was the guest registration area complete with comfortable chairs.  They sure did make you feel welcome there even though we didn't stay there.

 This was another waiting area that I really like looking at the masonry work that was done there.
Here's the link for it http://www.luxurylink.com/5star/hotels/asheville-north-carolina/grand-bohemian-hotel-asheville?mkwid=UCNaOwp7&pcrid=2872324586&pkw=the%2520grand%2520bohemian%2520hotel%2520asheville&pmt=e&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=USA%252FProperties&utm_term=the%2520grand%2520bohemian%2520hotel%2520asheville&showLeader=1

I just wish it wasn't so expensive but maybe some day we can come back and spend one night there.


No comments:

Post a Comment