Blogging helps me share things with people. My goal is for you to see something that brings a smile to you.

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Leaving New Orleans

All good things must come to an end and so did this fun trip with my husband.
Here are my parting images and also some along the way home.
The New Orleans Superdome
 New Orleans Superdome
The above ground cemeteries  with the downtown in the background to the right.
Lake Pontchartrain http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lake_Ponchartrain
The I-10 bridge over the lake
The swamp trees

It just amazed me to see these electrical towers going through the lake. 

As we were headed back we started to see these ominous clouds.  I kept a careful eye on them as they started to drop down.  I wanted to make sure there was no rotation in them. 
I was so glad when we got past that storm cell and back into the blue clouded skies.
I just thought this was a pretty picture of one of the many canals that run through the area.
Soon we were nearing Baton Rouge.
Downtown Baton Rouge and the Mississippi River. 
I'm including this photo- even though it looks almost the same, on this one you can see the right bank of the rive and how low the water was. 
downtown Baton Rouge and the Mississippi River as seen from I-10 headed west.  (10-14-2013)

I just love the big bridges that go over the Mississippi River and here's I-10 westbound.

The Mississippi River from I-10.
here's the left bank of the river.
As you can tell its pretty industrialized and you really don't get a good view of it.
After we crossed the bridge it was my turn to drive and I couldn't take any more pictures.  We did hit heavy rains close to our home town and I was glad we didn't have to drive through them the whole way.

1 comment:

  1. Hi there!

    Just to say that I've featured your moth and pumpkin in my Hallowe'en moths today - http://martinsmoths.blogspot.co.uk/

    All warm wishes and many thanks again

    Martin W

    ReplyDelete