Blogging helps me share things with people. My goal is for you to see something that brings a smile to you.

Friday, October 25, 2013

Lizard on pumpkin

I've been working in the pumpkin patch as the discovery time - story time person.  Because of that I've gotten some very unusual pumpkins that I use to show the kids.  I keep them on my front porch so that I know where they are and they don't get sold to other people.   Then there was a call for the November Accretionary Wedge asking for unusual pumpkins and I thought of some of the ones I had.  I went to get pictures of them but when I did I saw this lizard on one of them.  Since I had my camera with me to take the pumpkins pictures I just went ahead and got its picture too.

I almost didn't see it at first since it was hiding under the leaves.
 Here's a cropped image of it. 

 I think it is an anole lizard (wiki/Anole  )
 The reason I think its an anole is because I went to Sciport and they had some of the creatures that are common around here, there for the children to see.  Only problem was this one wasn't green. But in the Wikipeda reference they had one that wasn't that color either.
All I know for sure is its a lizard.
I tried to get another image of it and was surprised it didn't run off as I got closer to it.

 The pumpkin  it was on is pink.  I don't know if you've seen pink pumpkins like this one around or not.  They are specially grown pumpkins to support the Susan G. Coleman foundation.  With every pumpkin like that, that is sold a donation is made to that charity to fight breast cancer.  It goes towards a good cause and so I don't mind spending a little extra to get a unique pumpkin like that.
lizard on pumpkin
Here's a closer view of it.
Lizard (Anole?) on pink pumpkin
 It didn't let me look at it for long before it decided it had had enough and was out of there.

 Here's some of the pumpkins I have on my porch.

While I was taking the pictures my cat 'Shadow' came by and just had to see what I was doing.
 He looked at me like 'what are you doing - if you're into to taking pictures take mine instead'.
 After awhile he just decided to plop down and to guard those pumpkins, after all he had to protect them from those nasty lizards.
Here's one of the unusual pumpkins I am using in the wedge. 
 Now to write that post.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment