Blogging helps me share things with people. My goal is for you to see something that brings a smile to you.

Thursday, October 24, 2013

New Orlean at night

New Orleans is something else to see at night.  There are so many lights and activities going on, but it's hard to capture the feel of it especially when walking along the river walk.  I took a lot of photo's but very few turned out since it was so hard for the camera to focus on what I wanted to capture.  I did learn I got more interesting photo's with the flash off than on.  Sorry so many of these are blurry but its the blurry lights that I think make it so pretty.  Besides it was the French Quarter at night, seeing it blurry is the way I think most people perceive it at night. I know when I took the pictures they didn't seem that out of focus, it was only when I looked at them a couple of days later did I realize how bad they were and by then it was too late to retake them.

I like this one the best so I'm putting it ahead of the others.
Jackson Square ( wiki/Jackson_Square; New_Orleans  ) St. Louis Cathedral in the background.
Jackson Square at night, New Orleans (10-13-13)

One of the many pretty buildings lit up at night. 
I liked the way they would have the street names in the sidewalks so you knew which street you were on. I haven't seen that in any other town.  I guess it was because this way is more permanent than hanging from posts.
The architecture is so unique to the French Quarter.  It gives you a feeling of Europe when you are there.  I loved the iron balconies that surround the buildings. 
This is the backside of St Louis Cathedral at night. ( wiki/St._Louis_Cathedral; New_Orleans  ) I loved the way it has that shadow projection onto it.
Backside of St Louis Cathedral at night, New Orleans
Another view of it through the iron gate.
Here's trying to get a view from the street but it just didn't take.  It still was pretty and so I'm including it.
The Mississippi River at night and looking at  downtown New Orleans.
A New Orlean's streetcar at night.
The Riverboat at night.
I loved seeing the way the lights would reflect off of the river.  I also liked seeing the water flowing by it was fascinating to watch and I wasn't the only one doing the watching.
We did walk along the moon walk / river walk.  There was this statue there that I thought looked so pretty.  I failed to get its name.
Statue along the New Orlean's River Walk
I tried to get this picture of Harrah's the first night but it didn't turn out.  I tried again at sunset and it turned out better but it still not great.  I guess I'm just going to have to come back and try again.
New Orleans looks and feels totally different during the day.  My next post will show that.

No comments:

Post a Comment