Blogging helps me share things with people. My goal is for you to see something that brings a smile to you.

Monday, June 2, 2014

Incredible Cruise: Day 4- Bora Bora

On this day we woke up in Bora Bora,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bora_Bora

This day nothing went as planned but it was still a great day.  I should have expected something like this with it being a nonFriday 13th.
        I had orginally planned on going on a  submarine to see the coral reefs.  Before the cruise even started they called and said that the sub had gotten sold and they were still trying to work out a contract with them and so no rides were being offered.  They did have other things like a glass bottom boat and so I signed us up for that instead.  The trouble with that was they didn't have enough people for the first day and they moved us to the next day.  We had already planned something for the next day and had a conflict of interest and choose to do the other thing instead.  Tomorrow you'll understand why we went with the other excursion.
   We had also planned to have the afternoon in the spa.  We could have gone on the afternoon excursion with the glass bottom boat but we both were really looking forward to the spa time and decided not to do the boat but to keep to our spa appointments.
   So we had a nice leisurely day aboard the cruise ship and got a lot of reading done.  It was hard to concentrate on things because I was constantly wanting to look out the balcony and see all these amazing sights I was seeing.

The lagoon was so pretty
 Otemanu on Bora Bora, Society Islands 
I couldn't get over how one minute Otemanu could be so visible and the next it was covered in clouds. Otemanu is 727 meters high.








Even during the day the light was changing on the island and it amazed me how different the pictures turned out just a couple of hours different.

At the end of the day the sailing ship took off.
The one thing I did want to say about Bora Bora is that it is considered to be in  a caldera
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caldera
I was appreciative of the the fact that we had another day in Bora Bora.
Again I want to thank my spouse and the group we were with.  

No comments:

Post a Comment