Blogging helps me share things with people. My goal is for you to see something that brings a smile to you.

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

St Philomena in Cleveland Ohio

My step-father died and I went back home to be there for my mom.  He was 95 years old and had lived a good life and it was just his time to go.  The church he went to was St Philomena.  I had always enjoyed going to that church even though it wasn't my parish church.  I always thought it was so pretty.  I figured this will probably be the last time I would be in it.  Mainly because the diocese was closing churches down and this one didn't have a parish priest.
   So here are some of the images that stay with me.
 The outside looks like it was made from the local stone - Berea Sandstone  Just like Garfield's tombhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garfield%27s_Tomb .  The top is a pretty slate roof.
There was this courtyard that I used to like to go and sit in.  I liked the way it was decorated.


The courtyard  at St. Philmena's Cleveland Ohio

I really liked the arches.



Here's looking into the front of the church.
And here's looking back.  We came in the middle of the church. 

Here's one of the side chapels.
The alter area.  I always loved looking at the pretty stain glass windows and the way the light would come through them.
The alter area of St Philomena Catholic church Cleveland Ohio
One of the many stain glass windows in the church
I also loved looking at the marble . 

Its such a lovely church I do hope they do something worthwhile with it and not tare it down.

No comments:

Post a Comment