Blogging helps me share things with people. My goal is for you to see something that brings a smile to you.

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Lake Erie 1-24-2013 Freezing over


Here's some more pictures of Lake Erie as it froze over.
This was one of my favorite images I had gotten while I was visiting there.

 I loved watching the snow shifting it was changing constantly and was a show in and of itself.





It was such a pretty day it didn't take long for things to start to warm up some but yet it was still below freezing.  I wished I had recorded the temperatures some so I would have a better idea for the way things were now.

 Look how the footprint were wiped away.

 And then how they were latter.

And then again wiped clean.
 Look at how the ice was breaking up


 




Ice breaking up on Lake Erie, N Madison OH 1/24/2013
 The lighting was really different and it made it hard for my cellphone to get a good image.  But I liked the blue over tones on some of the pictures (if they have a date it was my regular camera, if no date then it was taken with my cellphone.










Because  of this wintery weather I ended up staying longer than I had planned. I was going to leave today but was unable to.  Now I was able to get some additional days and photo's of the lake.

No comments:

Post a Comment