Blogging helps me share things with people. My goal is for you to see something that brings a smile to you.

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Lake Erie 1-23-2013 Freezing over


 This day the lake had almost frozen over and was really neat to see.

Before I could get to the lake I had to go through some snow drifts.   I really liked watching the snow drifts because they reminded me so much of sand dunes.  They just don't last as long.







 At first I couldn't tell if it was frozen solid or not.  It wasn't but the channel was very far away.
 It was so interesting to see all the snow and the topography that was on it.  Here it looked like ripples in the distance while up close had so much more relief.  I guess I had assumed the lake would freeze relatively flat and I wasn't expecting it to be so rugged looking.
 You could see each day and how the lake just would go farther out.



Lake Erie freezing over on 1-23-2013


 I did think it was interesting to see these ice rafts that had gotten caught in the ice as the lake froze.
 I just liked this picture where it was so nice and peaceful and pretty to me.
As a side note - Today was my mom's birthday.  It was so nice to be able to spend it with her in a nice warm home and to look out and view this magnificent scenery.

No comments:

Post a Comment