Blogging helps me share things with people. My goal is for you to see something that brings a smile to you.

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Dream Trip Spain: Puerto Banus

One night we were on our own to get our own dinner.  To make it easier on us the company did provide transportation to a popular dining and shopping place: Puerto Banus.
In Spain people take siesta from 2-5 and nothing gets done during that time except eating and resting.  They don't even eat what we would call lunch they just have what they call snacks.  Most of the snacks were cheeses, breads, fruits and occasionally we'd see very thinly sliced meat.  The Spaniards like to have their main meal their dinner.  But usually they don't go out to eat until 9 or later.  So most of the places if you wanted to eat after 9 you had to have reservations.
  My husband and I are used to eating around 6:30 and we didn't want to wait until 9 to eat, so we went early to the dining area and was glad we did because it was such an interesting place to see.  Since it was so light out I was able to get some pictures of the area. 

 There was a Virgin Mary holding a baby in this building.  That was something I'm not used to seeing in other ports I've been too.

 At first we thought this was a light house and then it turned out to be a popular restaurant.
El Gran Gatsby
 With the view it must have had I can see why you needed reservations no matter what time you came by.
 Here's another view of it.
El Gran Gatsby
  I forgot who this distinguish gentleman was but he was important enough to have a monument made so I figured it was worth taking his picture.  Could it be Banus himself?
 I was impressed with the size of this anchor.  But then again when you saw the size of some of the yachts that were there I wasn't surprise to see an anchor this size there.
Puerto Banus
  We quickly realized that this was the high end living section of Spain. The cars and yachts we were seeing were incredible.  My husband just had to have a picture of this car to taunt my youngest with since he's always wanted to ride in one.  We didn't ride in it but we did touch it just to see how it would feel.

 We also had to get a picture or two of the yachts we were seeing.

We decided to take a picture next to the thing we liked the most.  So here's what my husband chose. The yacht Aztec.
My husband with the next yacht he'd like to rid on
As for me I had to go with the Mountains.  I just loved seeing them (notice the grin on my face).  I think this is the Sierra Real.  It did seem real to me.
Moi @ Puerto Banus
 Here's another view with me not blocking the port. 
Sierra Real and Puerto Banus
The Mediterranean Sea coast seen from  Puerto Banus
 There was a jetty that stuck out and then we noticed the light house on the end of it. 
light house at Puerto Banus, Spain
All that walking started to make us hungry especially when we kept on passing displays like this in front of the restaurants.  Look at the size of those lobsters and prawns. They even had crawfish!  We couldn't wait until we could try some of these sea food delights.
 Finally we settled on this restaurant:   The Black & White. When we were at the hotel we asked where the concierge would eat if they were going to eat in that area.  They recommended 4 or 5 places and this was one of them.  We picked it over the others because of the view it would have.  We were not disappointed in the food either and of course I had to get something with seafood.   I got a fish that is local to that area.  They called it Brim but its not like the brim I'm used to seeing.
Restaurant Black and White @ Puerto Banus
 We thought we would not see Puerto Banus again, but on the last day we took a catamaran boat ride and sailed into its port and here are the pictures we took as we came into the harbor.
cruising into Puerto Banus
Puerto Banus
Puerto Banus
 
I muse:  I wonder how much that yacht Aztec cost?

No comments:

Post a Comment