Blogging helps me share things with people. My goal is for you to see something that brings a smile to you.

Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Easter Chicks -2015

A friend of mine likes to raise free range chickens for their eggs.  She used to have some awhile back but then there was a fox and a neighbors dog that kept on getting them.  The neighbors moved and she hasn't seen the fox for awhile so she figured she get some more chicks to try it again.  We went and visited them when they were 4 days old. It was the day before Easter and they sure were cute to see. These images just doesn't do them justice.

 As soon as someone would sit down they would run to get into the protection of the legs.
 At this point she had all 6 chicks there.  So we could see them she went ahead and stood up. 
 They scattered about and I was able to get a few individual shots.
 The white one was so cute because it kept on following my husband around.   I joked about it being the only young chick he'd probably ever have him follow around.
 Then they started to migrate around to each other.


 I thought it was cute the way they wanted to sleep on top of each other.

 The multicolored one took to me.  And I had a fun time holding it.  They were so small.
 I thought I had finally gotten a picture of all of them together but then realize I was missing one.
 My friend sat down again and they all started to head back to her.  This was going to be the best I could get of them all together. 
Now I can hardly wait until we can start having free range eggs again.  They sure are good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment