Blogging helps me share things with people. My goal is for you to see something that brings a smile to you.

Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Cruising the Caribbean - Day 4 Roatan, Honduras; Iguanas & Insects

I said this post will be on Iguanas and it will be.  But I am also going to include the insect pictures I took too.

IGUANAS, at Gumbalimba Preservation Park
This was the sign in the area where there were some iguana nests. 
 We then saw the nest with the iguanas on it. 
 People started to point upwards and when I took this picture I could see an iguana in the tree.  Now try as I might, I can't seem to find it. 
 While we were all looking up, this big iquana comes strolling by us. 
Iguana in Gumbalimba Preservation Park, Roatan, Honduras

Iguana in Gumbalimba Preservation Park, Roatan, Honduras
 He looked like he was posing and just daring us to take his picture. 
 Then he just moseyed away knowing he was the boss in this area.  What really got to everyone was his orange color.  So much for looking at the green iguanas.
 A different iguana in the area.

The Wikipedia link to Iguanidae


 GUMLAIMBA INSECTARIUM
I also took a lot of pictures of the insects in the Insectarium.  I think everyone enjoyed being in the building because it was so cool and comfortable to be in.  I'm sure it was climate controlled to preserve the specimens.
Once again I wished I knew spanish better or I should say latin since most of the names I  couldn't make out. 
 I did think they had them artistically arranged and did enjoyed looking at them.  The little boys really seemed to enjoy them.
 I was amazed at how big some of them were and how well they would blend in with there surroundings.
 These beetles had a lot of people looking at them.
 And it was fun hearing the comments with this display.  Could you imaging one of these crawling into your house?
 They had a lot of beautiful ones like these grasshoppers.
 But it was the butterflies that people seemed to enjoy the most.

 Just look at how pretty they were.
If I'm not mistaken I think this is the Honduras offical butterfly isn't it pretty?


The next post will be on the monkeys in the preserve.

No comments:

Post a Comment