Blogging helps me share things with people. My goal is for you to see something that brings a smile to you.

Thursday, April 23, 2015

Crusing the Caribbean - Day 5; Belize Crystal Caves.


April 9, 2015
 Today we woke up in Belize. My spouse and I  were planning on tubing in the crystal caves while my son wanted to go ziplining first.  We knew it was going to be a busy day in water and as such I did not bring my camera because it wasn't waterproof.  All I had was my cellphone and it was supposed to be in a water resistant  case but not waterproof.  Needless to say I didn't get any pictures much to my regret.  The Crystal Caves were some of the prettiest caverns I have ever had the pleasure to visit.  I must say if you ever get a chance to do the tubing in the crystal caves I highly recommend it.  In fact I liked it so much I could see my family taking another cruise just so I can do this excursion again.  I absolutely loved it until the very end when we had to transverse the Lagoon by ourselves and my arms weren't long enough with the tube I had. Other than that it was extremely fun and interesting.

Here's the few pictures I did get of Belize
 
 It was pretty flat and undeveloped the area we were in.
 In the distance i could see some hills rising up and could tell that was our destination.  As we got to the area, the bedrock looked to be limestone.  Having the caves in limestone made sense to me and it was obvious this particular cave was a sink hole.  The natives used it as a source of fresh water.  Also there was a very good clay in it that they could use to make their pottery.
The tour did include a lunch but our tour guide had taken so long we barely had enough time to get changed back into our cloths out of our swimsuits.  We had to gobble down our food.  I was hoping to get some pictures that they had taken but we couldn't do that.  I thought I would also be able to pick something up in the souvenir shop but the bus was leaving and we didn't even have enough time to do that.  If we missed the bus then we would have missed our way back to the ship and I didn't want to take a chance with that.  In the end I had to settle for my memories but what fine memories they are.   

After a fun day it was back to the ship and the water.
 The sunsets sure were spectacular.
 

Wikipedia on Belize

The next day we were on to Cozumel Mexico

No comments:

Post a Comment