Blogging helps me share things with people. My goal is for you to see something that brings a smile to you.

Monday, March 10, 2014

Quick road trip to Austin Texas and see a great outcrop of the Austin Chalk

I had to do a quick road trip to Austin.  While getting to the place we wanted to get to we got lost.  We stopped and a local gave us directions to get there.  We found it to be faster than the way we've gone in the past and decided to take the same way back home.  While we were headed back I just couldn't get over the outcrops that were there and drooled over them.  I wished I had more time to stop and get out and see them.    This is obviously a new road and hasn't been weathered much.
The road was North Capital of Texas - 360 Hwy. I was headed north at the time.
























I will try to update this post more on the geology when I have a little bit more time to do some research on it.  I do feel like I can comfortably say some of it is the Austin Chalk. Here's what Wikipedia has to say about the Austin Chalk:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Austin_Chalk.  Which to me wasn't much.


Now I want to go back again.



1 comment: