Blogging helps me share things with people. My goal is for you to see something that brings a smile to you.

Saturday, May 25, 2013

U.S.S. Cairo, Vicksburg National Military Park

On June 16, 2012 I went to the Vicksburg National Military Park  and inside the park was a museum and main exhibit for the USS Cairo an old iron clad boat. The pictures I took inside the museum of the artifacts recovered from the ship did not turn out but the ones outside did so those are the ones that will be here.
 I loved the way the lines were with the ship and thought it very artistic in design.  I took a lot of photos and decided I had to many to be included in my blog post about Vicksburg and it should have a post all of its own.  Here it is.
 I thought even the covering was artistic too.
 I'm just going to let the images speak for themselves.
U S S Cairo, Vicksburg MS

USS Cairo, Vicksburg MS







 



The ship was sunk during the war between the states.  What I can write about it does not do it justice so I'm just going to send you to the Wikipedia link here on the USS_Cairo.


No comments:

Post a Comment