Blogging helps me share things with people. My goal is for you to see something that brings a smile to you.

Saturday, May 11, 2013

Here's what I've been doing lately

I know its been awhile since I've written.  I've been meaning too but things just seem to be more important at the time and I just haven't gotten around to it.  Since the beginning of the year I've had to go to Cleveland for my stepdad's funeral and then got snowed in.  I'm not complaining because it did give me more time with my mom.  I really felt like I was where I needed to be.  The best thing about it was I got some incredible picture of Lake Eire freezing.  Here's some teasers of  posts that I  will hopefully will get to one day.
at my stepfathers home backyard when we got snowed in

Lake Eire starting to freeze

Lake Eire frozen


I came home from that trip but it wasn't long before I was back in Ohio again.  Only this time I went for a fun reason.   My geology department was having a reunion.  Since it was a reunion I decided to go and visit some of my favorite places to visit while I was in school there.


 
Upper Falls at Old Man's Cave, Hocking state park Ohio

Old Man's cave Hocking State Park Ohio


Rock House Hocking State Park Ohio

I was glad I could visit my mom again and I got some totally different shots of Lake Eire.  The thing I love about that lake is its never the same and can change in a moment.
Sun setting on Lake Eire, Madison Ohio
(This picture was taken very close to were the other one was taken with the lake starting to freeze.  What blows me away is the fact that the one set of waves were coming from the west - northwest.  but these waves were coming from the east northeast. Isn't that fascinating to see???)



I got back from Ohio and got caught up on things so that I could go on a trip with my husband to Jackson Mississippi.  He had continuing ed there and I thought it would be fun exploring the area while he was taking his class.  And boy did I explore the area.  I got to see the Petrified forest, Mynelle Gardens, Jackson Zoo, Mississippi crafts center, The Mississippi Museum of Art, the planetarium, and the Museum of natural science.  I took lots of pictures that I will be sharing some of them here.  And here are some teasers for that too.
Mississippi Petrified Forest
 Aren't these petrified logs amazing to see?
Mississippi Petrified Forest

Petrified log in-site in  the Petrified Forest

statue at the Mynelle Gardens, Jackson Ms

water feature at the Mynelle Gardens, Jackson Ms

The state capital building, Jackson MS

A toothed Whale At the Mississippi Natural Museum

a live turtle at the Mississippi Natural Museum

I've had a great time over the past couple of months (except for the one reason I had to go to Ohio) and am very appreciative that I've been able to have done the things that I did.


Now I muse about my next trip planned.  Its next month and I can hardly wait to go  - but I'm keeping it a secret until I get back.  I hope I get some of the posts I wanted to do out of the way so I can be caught up with all the things I want to blog about since I know I'll be having wonderful pictures from that trip.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment