Blogging helps me share things with people. My goal is for you to see something that brings a smile to you.

Friday, May 24, 2013

Mockingbird stealing cat food

    I have an unusual cat.  This cat is an outdoor cat and eats his food on our front porch.  When he eats he likes to leave some of the food.  I know he does this on purpose to attract other critters to it.  Some time he then catches to animals and eats them too so I guess he's not that unusual after all.
    The other day I was waiting for someone to pick me up and while I was at the door I noticed this bird try to steal the cats food.  He knew it was a very risky thing to do and was very skittish flying away a lot but then coming back again.   I got some pictures and thought it was neat to get some in flight photo's.  I know they are not the best but I didn't have time to focus and was just using my cell phone to take them.




 


Mockingbird in flight
I was curious as to what type of bird it was and then when I went to Jackson's natural science museum I think I figured it out.  Its a Northern Mockingbird.

Northern Mockingbird at the Jackson's Natural Science Museum

No comments:

Post a Comment