Blogging helps me share things with people. My goal is for you to see something that brings a smile to you.

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Awesome Alpine Adventure: Day 2 -

AWESOME ALPINE ADVENTURE: Day 2 part 2  The Grand Hotel Europa
The hotel where we stayed at while in Innsbruck.

We got into Innsbruck and they coach took us to our hotel which was right across from the train station.
And here was the view from our window.
 It was interesting to see all the bicycles that were at the station. 
 Right next to the railway was the bus terminal which made it very convenient for catching things and then getting to where you wanted to go.

The hotel we stayed at was absolutely gorgeous.  Everything was so ornate and not what I'm used to seeing especially since I'm good at staying at motel and not even hotels.  I was mesmerized from the moment I walked into the area where we were going to eat.
  This is where we walked into the reception room.  I was glad I had brought my cell phone with me and could get some of these images.
 These were the painting that hung on the walls.  I know they were royalty at one time but  I have no clue as to who they were.  I knew they were really special people just by the sheer size of their portraits.  You had to have a huge wall to hang them.



While we were waiting we peaked into the other room. The first thing you noticed was how lovely the table was set for the group.


 Then we went into the dinning area and in each corner of the room was a little alcove with statue like this.  I tried getting some of the others but they did not turn out.  The lighting wasn't the best for taking pictures. 

 As I was waiting for dinner I couldn't help but to gaze up at the ceilings and notice how lovely they were.  I'm just not used to seeing walls and ceilings like that.
 This is what I was looking right across from me.  We had been traveling for a long time and I just wished I wasn't so tired at the time so I could have enjoyed them more.
 This chandelier was so pretty and the picture just did not do it justice.
 They even had fireplaces in the room.  You could tell this building was built before central heating and air-conditioning were in vogue. 
 What was especially pretty was the candelabras had real wax candles burning in them.  Boy did that give the place some atmosphere.
 I know this isn't the best in focus but I also wanted to show how the windows were treated. 
After we ate our dinner we then were finally able to retreat to our rooms and to get a good nights sleep.  By then we were all pretty wiped out from all the traveling we did just to get there.  I didn't even think about getting a picture of our room.  I was just glad I had remembered to get the view from our window.

PS:  I do want to thank the group that took us on this awesome adventure and all the wonderful people we got to know while going on it.  You know who you are - THANK YOU.

No comments:

Post a Comment