Blogging helps me share things with people. My goal is for you to see something that brings a smile to you.

Friday, July 12, 2013

Awesome Alpine Adventure: Day 3 Bergisel Ski Stadium

Day 3 - BERGISEL SKI STADIUM - Innesbruck

Favorite pic for this post:
The Olympic torches.

We were given a tour of the city and the one place you seemed to notice was the Bergisel Ski Jump Stadium.  It seemed like whenever you looked south to the mountains it was noticeable.
It seemed fitting that you would notice it since the area has hosted the Olympics and this was the jump that was used.

And here are the closer views of it.  We did have to get out of the bus and walk some since the roads were too narrow and curvey to  let the bus up.

They took pride in the fact that the Pope had been to this spot and put up this plaque to commemorate the visit.
It was raining while we were there and we didn't stay too long because the weather was so miserable.
Here's what the city looked like from the road up to the jump.  The clouds were pretty low.


If I understood things correctly the area was a park dedicated to the veterans of war.

 Here were some memorials that were there. I wished I could remember some German so that I could understand who they were commemorating.





 

I saw this statue from the bus and wanted to look at it.
The bus picture ended up being the better one I took.

 After we were done here we went to the old town section of Innsbruck.

I couldn't have made these memories if it wasn't for my husband.  Thanks honey !!

No comments:

Post a Comment