Blogging helps me share things with people. My goal is for you to see something that brings a smile to you.

Saturday, July 13, 2013

Awesome Alpine Adventure: Day 3 - Swarovski Crystal World

 Day 3 -SWAROVSKI CRYSTAL WORLD

Favorite image for this post: 
My husband saw this both in town and at Crystal World he really liked it until he saw the price.  Then he decided he could live very easily without it.  Beside we both agreed we had no place to put it in our house where we could do it justice.  It needed to go to a very special place.

We had the afternoon off and were on our own.  While we were in the old town we did see the Swarovski store and all the wonderful crystals they had for sale.   They advertised their Crystal World and I thought it would be a fun place to go and see.  I was mainly  interested in how they made the crystals and since this place was at the factory I thought that would be included in the tour.  How they made the crystals was not on the tour and I was disappointed in that. Crystal World was mostly just an art exhibit where they used Swarovski's crystal to make different things.  It was interesting to see and in the end I was glad we did go.   I was amazed at the diversity of the things we saw there.

This is the image you see on the signs advertizing Crystal World:
Entrance to Swarovsi Crystal World
 This is the factory in the background and the place where you get your tour ticket.
 This was a piece of quartzite that they had out front.  Not remembering much of my German I couldn't read what the sign said but from the looks of things I think they were trying to tell you that this is the type of rock that they used to make the crystals.
 One other image that I'm going to include:  It was rainy all day and this is one of the main reasons we choose to go to the crystal world so we could get in out to the rain and lousy weather.
You can see the clouds were very low and blocked the mountains most of the day. 


So here's some of the things we saw both at the store and at Crystal World using the Swarovski's crystals.

 I liked this bug but had trouble getting a good image of it.  So I tried different angles.






These were in the Crystal World itself.  I must admit that the lighting was very dark to show off the crystals and sometimes they pictures didn't turn out the best.
This room was neat because you were inside a crystal dome that would highlight different things in different parts of the room.
 I really liked this crystal christmas tree but I couldn't get it all in one shot. 
 But even the bottom section was beautiful just by itself.
 They had this ruby slipper for the diva in all of us.
 This picture doesn't do the display justice - they were all different mardi graw masks made from crystals.
 These were sea shells that were opening and closing and as they did so the light would play off of them.  they were very beautiful and again a single shot just can't capture the wonder of seeing it for yourself.
 There was a whole wall with nothing but crystals of all sorts of colors and shapes.
 I liked this abstract piece.
 This was almost my favorite.  When you would look inside the building there were holographic images of people. 
exhibit at Swarovski Crystal World
 This was suppose to be the worlds largest ring and it was so big it would fit around my waist and I do have a big one.  Again the photo does not do it justice - I wanted to get closer to have something for scale but there were barriers keeping you away.  So now it just looks like an ordinary ring.
 They did have quite a few dresses all decked out with crystals.  I could tell this place liked to celebrate  the carnival season with all the items they had.

 This was an item that was for sale and not in the museum part. 
At the end of the tour you are in there store and have to walk by all sorts of lovely things.  It was so hard to resist getting something but we just couldn't find something that was right for both of us and our house.  I think my husband was really relieved we didn't find anything that we both just had to have.

I have to thank my husband for making all of this possible - Thank you.

3 comments:

  1. Like this one, I now want to buy a crystal jewelry,news products liked, but I donot know that a goodpick money, you help to the point.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting blog, looking forward to more wonderful! Swarovski Halskette Online

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post is worthy of appreciation, looking forward to more exciting!

    ReplyDelete