Blogging helps me share things with people. My goal is for you to see something that brings a smile to you.

Sunday, March 15, 2015

2015- Peach tree blooming on Feb 18

Every year I like to get a picture or two of a neighbors peach tree as it blooms.  I like keeping track of when I see the first blooms.  This year I noticed the blooms on February 18, 2015.



peach tree blooming on 2-18-2015
Unfortunately we got snow on Feb 25 and I don't know how the tree will do this year. Here's a picture of my back yard with it snowing.


Here's some links to a previous year.  http://rockhoundingaround.blogspot.com/2014/07/2014-peaches.html
And another one http://rockhoundingaround.blogspot.com/2014/03/first-peach-blosoms.html

The one thing I did notice was the other set was taken on Feb 21, 2014.  This is just 3 days earlier this year. Yet it is still earlier.

Instead of writing another blog post - and also since I'm doing so many on the flooding and am trying to keep them together, I've decide just to update this post.
Last week when it was raining and I was driving home I noticed that the peaches were falling into the street.  I didn't get a chance to get a picture of them until June 5 but I could have easily taken it on May 31.

The one thing I did notice about these peaches was they were a lot smaller than normal.  Also a lot of them seemed to have bruises on them.  It was not a healthy looking crop on this tree.  I knew it was from all the freezing weather we had had during the spring.  Now all the rain isn't helping much either.


No comments:

Post a Comment