Blogging helps me share things with people. My goal is for you to see something that brings a smile to you.

Monday, July 7, 2014

Fairy Gardens

     I was able to go visit my mom with my son.  I timed it so my visit would overlap with my brother and his family who live in another state and I don't get to see very often.  I also have another brother that lives in the area where my mom is.
     One of the things my mom likes to do is make things interesting for her grandchildren when they visit.  This time one of the activities she had planned was to make fairy gardens.   For a long time she would collect miniature garden type objects to put in these gardens.  Then she bought three plastic boxes and some plants that do not grow to be very big.  
    The young kids enjoyed it for a short while, but her older kids got into it more.  We had a fun time doing this and I want to share some of the pictures.

These were when they were just starting out.

 Things got moved around as more materials were added.  My one niece wanted to have rocks in hers (- I wonder where she gets that from? ) so the big plant lost out to the rocks.

 Here's two of them that got finished.

 And here's how they look in the garden at their home.

For a summer activity it was a fun thing to do.  My mom's next project is she made some stepping stones and she wants us to paint pictures on them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment