Blogging helps me share things with people. My goal is for you to see something that brings a smile to you.

Saturday, January 11, 2014

Inside the Strand Theater @ Christmas

I love going to the theater and seeing live performances.  There is just something about it that is so hard to describe.    I really like going to the theater that is in our town because it is so ornate and beautiful.  It was built in the 1920's.  It was almost torn down when it had fallen into ruin but luckily there were people in the community who recognized it for its beauty and saved it.
Here's some images I took on my cellphone while waiting for the show to start.  I had pulled it out to turn it off but had decided to just snap a few before I put it away.
Inside the Strand Theater - Shreveport, LA

 If I'm not mistaken - I think these are Tiffany glass chandlers.  Even if they are not I still love them.  They remind me so much of the Art deco style of the 1920's. 
 Here's another one in more light.
 They have these murals on the walls that I really like too.
 Here's another view of the other side.



They sure don't build many buildings like this and it is so nice for us to have it in our community.  I hope it lasts for a long long time and do what I can to support it.

No comments:

Post a Comment