Blogging helps me share things with people. My goal is for you to see something that brings a smile to you.

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Everythings Peachy

This week I've been doing something I really didn't think I would be able to do this year.  I've been eating homegrown PEACHES!!!.  I love peaches.  And home grown peaches are even better.
   First off I never thought I could get them this early in the year.   In fact this post should have been written Memorial day weekend but I was busy with other things and am just now getting around to it.  I've never seen peaches ready to eat this early in this area.  Which goes back to the why I didn't think I would be eating them at all this year.

  On February 17th. till the 24rd I took some pictures of the my tulip tree blooming during the week.  Also as I was watching my tulip tree I was watching this peach tree that was blooming on Feb 8th.. Since I did it last year I thought I would do it again last year.   I first noticed the peach tree last year and took some pictures of it. More things blooming     (Okay this is weird.  I've gone to the post and the pictures are missing for what I want to talk about.  I haven't had my pictures disappear before I usually have the exact opposite of having too many pictures showing up. Makes me wonder if I should even try to finish this post.)   I did get the information I needed in the fact the peaches were in bloom on March 4th of 2011.  Which was weeks later than they were this year.  Trust me the peach tree was blooming but I've manage to delete or miss file those images too but was able to scan in from their prints.  Here they are:
Peach tree in bloom on 2-8-12
 
Peach tree in bloom
 This year I decided to take photos now and again until the tree was ready to be picked.  I was keeping my fingers cross there would be some peaches developing since normally we usually have a good freeze in March.  Even if there was a good freeze I was curious how it would affect the peaches that had started.  So I continued to take pictures. We never did have a good freeze but we did have a couple of days were it did get close to freezing during the night.  Apparently it wasn't enough of a freeze to keep them growing.

 Now here they are. 
On 3-19 they were forming and I was surprised that some of them were already taking on a color verses being green.
  
 It was weird because on 4-11 they were definitely bigger but most of them were still green.  Some of the ones that had color never seemed to get bigger.  
Peaches growing on a tree
   On here's how they looked on June 1 2012.   I was amazed that they were this ripe already.  They were ready to eat and falling to the ground.  No wonder they were selling homegrown peaches at the store already.
 Just look and see the street with  some of the fallen fruit already on the ground. 
Peaches ready to eat on June 1. 
 More Ripe peaches.
Peaches ready to be picked, June 1 2012
Peach tree with the fruit falling off of it, June 1, 2012
Well I finally got this one done.  I hope you eat a peach for me when you see them.

I muse:  I wonder if we'll get another batch this year?
I muse: Also I wonder if the icebox peach pies are out yet?
I muse:  It's kinda scary to see these peaches already to be eaten so early.  How can anyone not be concerned about global warming when stuff like this is happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment