Blogging helps me share things with people. My goal is for you to see something that brings a smile to you.

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Crepe Myrtle Blooming

I was out of  town and was surprise to see the crepe myrtle starting to bloom so early when I came back. Since then I've been watching some in my neighborhood and they are really getting to be spectacular. Then  I got on the computer and there were some search hits for my crepe myrtle pictures from last year.   They were looking for different colors.  I guess its time to get the camera out and to get some fresh photos.  So here are a few of the images to share taken about a week ago.
     These I took while I was walking.  I just love the colors I see in them - they're all so different and changing all the time.  Here's some lovely pink ones.


Pink Crepe Myrtle in bloom
Watermelon red crepe myrtle
I was trying to get the bee but it started to fly off before I could get a good photo of it. 
Bee and blooming crepe myrtle
  I always love this tree.  A couple day ago it was even more spectacular than this.  It's still nice to see and I love the street name its growing by so its worth including the image.

These are my all time favorites and that's because they are growing in my back yard and I get to see them as they grow. These were taken on 6-10-12  The color is called Party Pink.  It starts out light pink to purple and then changes to more purple with time. 
The Crepe Myrtle starting to bloom in my yard 6-10-12
Crepe Myrtle starting to bloom in my yard  6-10-12
That's it for now - if there's more interest in them then I'll get more as the season progresses and there's more different color trees blooming.

I muse:  Since they are starting to bloom so early this year - I wonder how long I'll have them blooming?

No comments:

Post a Comment