Blogging helps me share things with people. My goal is for you to see something that brings a smile to you.

Saturday, June 2, 2012

Dream Trip : Camel rinding in Morocco

Camel Riding in Morocco Africa:

We took a tour of the Moroccan coast line.

Most of the homes we saw were palaces of very wealthy people of the world.  The were high up on the coast range of the Rif mountains . (Wikipedia on  Rif Mountains ).  Most of the homes were placed so that all you could see was the gates to it and the guards guarding it.  Every once in a while you could get a spectacular view of the Straight of Gibraltar and you could understand why this was prime real estate.  Due to the glare in the bus & the speed we were  traveling, I really didn't get any good shots worth sharing.

We finally did make it to the Atlantic ocean.  They had a special excursion planned for us.  We were able to ride camels in Africa.  Just the sound of it made it fun, and we joked a lot about it being another typical business day.

I was going to try to write about this but I think the pictures explain themselves.
 
I do have to write about this camel.  I was walking around and realized if I didn't ride soon the rides would be over with, so I better pick one to ride.  As I was walking by trying to pick one this one saw me and it seemed like it just called out to me - 'Hey there how about Me!'   Who could resist that and so it became the unfortunate camel that had to carry me.
When I got off I had to get a profile of picture of the camel I had just ridden. Isn't it a distinguished one?



It was obvious some of us knew how to ride animals better than others. I was in the category of having very little experience and was glad I was able to stay on without falling off.  They would try to get you to ride by letting go.  I had my camera with me and I tried to let go but I almost lost it as I was trying to get a picture.  The picture was nothing but a blur so I went back to holding on as we came to a stop and the camel knelt down.

They wanted to get a group picture of all of us and here it is.  I am in there somewhere, but you can hardly see me.
Here's what Wikipedia has to say about Camels .

I muse: Now I can say 'been there done that with riding a camel in Africa.' and check it off my bucket list.  This is a once in a lifetime experience that I think I only want to do once in my life.  It was fun but camels are smelly and pretty ornery. I'm sure the camel I was on is feeling the same way about me, - glad he doesn't have to carry me again too.

No comments:

Post a Comment