Blogging helps me share things with people. My goal is for you to see something that brings a smile to you.

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Cat pictures of my Shaddow

  I love both cats and dogs.  I never had a dog growing up, but only cats.  I must admit I used to be very partial to cats. But now that I have dogs I can't say I prefer one over the other.  My family has two dogs and one cat.  I've written about the dogs before here  &  KC here.  But I haven't done to much about the cat.  The reason being is when we got the cat my son reacted to it and we had to keep it as an outdoor pet.  And as an outdoor pet he's been great.  Since we've gotten him all those pestly little critters have disappear and I must admit I really don't miss them.  Because we live on the bayou before we got him we were always having to deal with them one way or another.  I'm glad he now handles that for us. But it also means he's never around the house unless its time to be feed.  And if he's had something else already that day we might not see him for awhile.
   The other day Dana  @ En Tequila Es Verdad   put out a challenge with this  'I shall now turn the battlefield over to Jen and Greta, having laid down the preliminary fire. My readers are encouraged to submit any adorable cat pictures they have, in case an escalation of hostilities is the unfortunate outcome of Crommunist’s ill-advised sortie.'
 And this was just what I needed to finally break down and try to get some more pictures of him.  I must admit it was quite funny.  I was taking some of the tulip magnolia tree (that I've already posted), when Shaddow the cat showed up.  I decided to take his picture too, only being a cat he was too dignified for that and wouldn't cooperate.  I was bending over with my butt sticking up in the air trying to get him into a poseable position when my neighbor walked by.  She called out 'where's my camera when I need it.'  I told her she could borrow mine since that seems to be my better side anyway. We both got a good laugh over how those things seem to change with age.   While we were joking around the cat decided he had had enough and proceeded to disappear.
  Shaddow then showed up on top of my car.  He likes to pretend its his and gets really upset when I decide I need to use it.  He doesn't complain too much because he knows when it comes back it will be nice and warm and when the weather is cold that's his favorite place to be -out of the weather in the garage on a nice warm car. So here's some of the pictures:
 And now the garage ones:
If he looks like a big cat its because he is.  He weighs about 17 pounds.  Here he is in my sons arms, the one that just had to have him.  My son is six feet tall.

As an added bonus.  My niece just got a new kitten for Christmas and I just had to get some of him too.  Isn't he cute.
 

  They grow so fast that I'm sure the next time I see him he'll be three times his current size.

Now I muse about the fact that I know shadow is spelled with one d but to be honest the vet aid spelled it wrong when she entered it into the computer and we've stuck with Shaddow ever since.

2 comments:

  1. Shadow seems to be very comfortable around people. He probably would have made a good indoor cat if he were brought up that way.

    Thanks for sharing the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, he's one of the friendliest cats I've ever met. Last year when we had freezing weather we tried to bring him in but he totally freaked out. All we could do was put milk jugs with hot water by his sleeping area. At least he has one of those thermal beds that we keep in a box to block the wind. I think that's one of the reasons he likes our garage so much because we take care of him when he's in it, yet we always leave the door open a crack so he can come and go as he pleases.
    I do appreciate you stopping by every now and then and leaving a comment. It's nice to know someone is reading it. Sometimes I feel like I'm writing for myself and have it around so that when I'm old and forgetful I can remember the geology I experienced in my life. I also do it hoping to meet up with some other geology types. My family is into business & other things and it seems whenever I start talking geology stuff their eyes just glaze over and they tune me out. It is/was frustrating talking to my self like that, and so I got away from it for quite awhile. It's nice to get back into it again and have someone interested in it too.

    ReplyDelete