Blogging helps me share things with people. My goal is for you to see something that brings a smile to you.

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Today it reach 111 degree a personal all time high record.

Today I got into my car that was sitting in a garage and thought 'Boy it's hot!' but I didn't realize how hot it was until I turned it on and the external temperature outside was reading 107. I exclaimed 'Holy smokes look at the the temperature - its 107 degrees!!!!!!'  To me that was tied to the highest I've ever recalled seeing.  If I hadn't read the paper this morning I might not have believed it but the paper showed that yesterday it did indeed reach 107.  I had to get a picture of that and so I got out my cell phone and snapped it so I would always have it for my prosperity sake.



Then as I was driving I notice it creep up to 108 and then back down to 107.  I drove by a bill board that was showing 112 degrees.  I thought to myself 'no way -- it can't be that hot.  That sign must be broken.' I would have taken a picture of that too but I was driving with my kids and I couldn't take it because the street speed was 50 mph and I was flowing with the traffic.  But then I looked at my car temp gauge and it had crept up to 109.  I got my son to take a picture but it went back down to 108 before he could figure my cell phone camera out.

Then as we were driving it went back up to 109.


Then 110 degrees. 
And around 4:26 pm  it reached 111!!!, unfortunately it only stayed there for a couple of seconds before it dropped down to 110.  My son tried to get a shot of it but the car was moving and we did get something. I was amazed we got what we did.




 Keep in mind these were outside temperatures and not inside the car temperatures.  I was totally dumbfounded by these temperatures.  I was also keeping in mind that these were the actual temperatures and not the heat index temperatures. I mused upon what they would be once I found out what the humidity for the day was. What was the temperature feeling like to me when we were out and in it today?

I have finally been able to get that chart after much frustration with my computer. (It kept on having my search go to bogus locations with numerous ads for air conditioning.) I've included it here so I will always have it as a reference.
http://www.speedtrainingreview.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/Heat-Index-Chart.jpg


Here is yesterdays The Shreveport times paper scan.
High temp does read 107/80 with 25% humidity making it about 110-113.Needless to say we been under an extreme heat warning all day long.  I was passing this along to others so they would know to drink plenty of water and seek shade when they could.


Now I muse upon the fact that its suppose to be this way all week long.


8-17-11  I have to update this.  I had a new all time high that I saw while on vacation.  It reached 116 degrees in Arkansas on 8-4-2011.When we stopped at the visitor center they were warning people to have plenty of water with them and be careful out in the heat.  They had the channel set to the weather station and at the time it was 115 with 51% humidity.  Needless to say it is off the charts. I was only able to get it at 115 degrees but it still is an all time high for me and worth keeping a record of.
No wonder there was very little traffic on the roads.  




Now I muse at if I will ever see anything higher - I hope not!!

No comments:

Post a Comment