Blogging helps me share things with people. My goal is for you to see something that brings a smile to you.

Monday, August 1, 2011

Ohio U top party school

I saw this in the Yahoo news and it got my attention it appears my Alma mater - Ohio U is now the top party school.
And to think I got my Master of Science there! 


I moved down to Louisiana which is considered one of the happiest states to live in. (Do you think I might like having a good time?)  I was trying to get a link but my search engine is acting up and keeps on sending me to bogus sites.  So I just copied some of search results.

  1. Louisiana ranks as happiest state Published: Friday, December 18, 2009, 2:33 PM ... edition of the journal Science found the happiest people tend to live in the states that ...
    www.nola.com/.../2009/12/louisiana_ranks_as_happiest_st.html - Cached
  2. old.news.yahoo.com/.../happieststatesrevealedbynewresearch - Cached
  3. [Dec 18, 2009] Louisiana Happiest State In America: New York Saddest (Full List) ... Louisiana and its culture is really a tremendously miserable place to live ... ( 18 Comments )
    www.nowpublic.com/culture/louisiana-happiest-state... - Cached
  4. Measures of the quality of life in various states are closely tied to the individual levels of happiness of the people who live in those states, according ...
    latimesblogs.latimes.com/booster_shots/2009/12/happiness... - Cached
  5. Measures of the quality of life in various states are closely tied to the individual levels of happiness of the people who live in those states, according to a ponderous ...
    www.statesman.com/...louisiana-the-happiest-state-study... - Cached
  6. Louisiana , yes Louisiana, is the happiest state in America ... The Happiest States: New Study Says Louisiana is the Happiest Place in the U. S. To Live
    searchwarp.com/swa560910-The-Happiest-States-New-Study... - Cached
  7. The happiest state of the union is Louisiana; at the bottom of the ... Do the Happiest States Stack Up to Reality? Ready to Pick the Happiest States to Live in?
    www.associatedcontent.com/.../list_of_happiest_states_in... - Cached
  8. The happiest states: 1. Louisiana 2. Hawaii 3. Florida 4. Tennessee 5. Arizona ... He added, "Many people think these states would be marvelous places to live in.
    www.livescience.com/9784-happiest-states-revealed... - Cached
  9. ... People in sunny, outdoorsy statesLouisiana, Hawaii, Florida — say they're the happiest ... journal Science found the happiest people tend to live in the states ...
    www.wwltv.com/news/Louisiana-tops-list-as-US-happiest... - Cached
  10. Louisiana Declared “Happiest State!” LOUISIANA IS THE HAPPIEST STATE IN THE USA! ... He added, “Many people think these states would be marvelous places to live in.
    redstickblog.visitbatonrouge.com/?p=245 - Cached

    The ironic thing is I went to Ohio U for one reason and that simply was economics.  It was the only place I could afford to go to and get my masters at the time, since I needed something in state with it's in state tuition. But I was determined to get my masters since it seemed like at the time the only people getting hired in geology had their masters. I was a very destitute student when I was in college and paid most of my own way the whole time I went.   That was before there were a lot of grants or scholarships to be had.  It was also before state supported 529's and other state  incentive programs.  O U was the only place willing to give me a teaching assistanceship while I worked on my Masters.  I was thrilled to get it because I always felt the only way to really know if you know something is to teach it to others.  The students will quickly find your weaknesses and force you to strengthen them otherwise you'll never get through the master program.  By being a TA it help with my tuition and strengthen my knowledge of geology.  A win win situation all around.

I moved to Louisiana for the same economic reason.  I had a solid job offer there.  It was that or Texas.  I couldn't find a job in Ohio so I moved to were the jobs were.  I liked Louisiana better than Houston Texas because of the traffic patterns.  I had visited Houston enough to know I would not be happy with all that traffic congestion.

Once I've moved here I didn't want to become a damn Yankee.  A damn Yankee is a person who has moved to the south from the north and then leaves to go back north.  So I've stayed in Louisiana.  They do know how to have a good time. I do love my Mardi gras parades and crawfish boils.
   Needless to say I think the LA reputation is well earned, and don't have any other plans to live anywhere else.... well maybe in the summer I might go back north for a long visit.  Today it reached 107 degrees, the hottest I've ever recalled being in.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE partying at OU when I visit my cousin. The local convenience stores just got in that new beer outta FL called "TauBu." I think it's 12% alcohol, so it packs a punch. I LIKED their page and won a t-shirt, woot! Facebook.com/TauBu

    ReplyDelete