Blogging helps me share things with people. My goal is for you to see something that brings a smile to you.

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Pro Football Hall of Fame, Canton Ohio

I've been on vacation and have seen lots of wonderful things that I hope to write about later.  But for right now I'm going to just write about one thing that caught my eye.

I have a son that just loves football.  We were in the Cleveland, Akron, Canton area of Ohio so of course he wanted to go to the Pro Football hall of fame in Canton Ohio (located  here ). (here's what Wikipedia has to say about the Pro_Football_Hall_of_Fame.

The only football that I was interested in was this one. 
  I thought it was interesting to see what it was made of.

We happened to time it just after they had the 2011 inductees, so everything was set up still for them.  It was interesting to see who got in this year.
This is one of the areas that usually isn't set up where they were taking pictures of the inductees. 

 
 And here's a picture of what the Hall of fame looks like from the outside.
Pro Football Hall of Fame, Canton Ohio (8-11-2011)
 Here's the bust of the players that got inducted this year.
 They are Richter, Hanburger, Sabol, Dent, Sanders, Faulk, and Sharpe.  (Don't ask me their first names or what teams they played on because I really don't pay any attention to that stuff.)


Inside my son wanted to see the stuff on the New Orleans Saints wining the super bowl in 2010.
 

 And here's what the Super bowl ring looked like.  (I guess this caught my eye too since it was made with diamonds and that's a type of mineral also. In fact the diamonds are just like the coal above only they've been under a lot more pressure and temperature. )

It was a fun excursion to make, and my son really enjoyed it so that made it all worth while for me ---seeing how much he really enjoyed it.. 
Now I muse upon when he'll want to go back to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment