Blogging helps me share things with people. My goal is for you to see something that brings a smile to you.

Saturday, July 16, 2011

It got up to 106

On Wednesday (7-13-11), as I was riding in the car I noticed a sign that shows the temperature.  It was reading 106 degrees.  I thought it couldn't be right, but I looked at the temperature gauge in the car and it was also reading 106 degrees, external temperature. The hottest I've ever recalled seeing and being in is 107 degrees.  I was wondering if it would get up to 107 but just in case it didn't  I just had to get a picture of that of that temperature with my cell phone.


The next day I just had to double check and make sure it was that hot.  According to the Shreveport Times newspaper the official was only 104 degrees  not 106 but still way up there.  No wonder my air conditioning is running none stop.
The Shreveport Times newspaper showing Wednesday 7-13-11 temp as 104 degrees


 
 Wouldn't you know it came on the 13th, well at least it wasn't Friday the 13th then I would have been really worried.  It was bad enough with people loosing power due to a mylar balloon hitting some power lines and causing an outage. Of all the days for this to have happened!!!  I was just glad  the libraries and malls  where open so people could go to places like that to cool down.


Now all I can muse upon is the fact that the hottest month in this area is August and its still weeks away.  I wonder if I'll see any more days to surpass this 106?

No comments:

Post a Comment