Blogging helps me share things with people. My goal is for you to see something that brings a smile to you.

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Gavleston Texas trip

Last month I went on a trip to Galveston Texas.  Its a fun place to visit and I got to see and do a lot of fun things while I was there.  I've been meaning to make a post of some of this stuff but I wanted to start out with the trip to it on Highway 59.  I couldn't believe what I saw.  Whats even more amazing was I got it on video.  I was hoping to share it on this blog, but I've run into some technical difficulties with down loading it - It is on my internal memory and not the SD-card like I thought it was. Because of all of the difficulties its kept me from posting, but I'm working on things and have some of it resolved. So this is just going to be a preview of some of the stuff I saw and did and will be posting more later.  Can you believe I was trying to record a rainbow I had just seen in a different area of the sky and just happened to pan around and caught this:


Yes, this was a tornado forming!!  Luckily for me it was behind us and also it did not touch the ground at that time.  Another person saw it near Center Texas and recorded it also.  It did touch ground near Arcadia, LA but no major damage was done.  We saw this on the news and recognized the time and day as it being the same thing we witnessed.

Even though that was interesting to watch, it all happened so quickly, and really wasn't what the trip was about.
  It was about:
Moody Gardens, Galveston, TX
Moody Gardens: the aquarium (teal color pyramid building), the rain-forest (clear glass), and discovering dinosaurs (behind the red building).
The aquarium at Moody Gardens, Galveston Tx
 It was so fascinating to walk through the aquarium and to see sharks swim above you.
The rain-forest at Moody Gardens, Galveston TX
 To see all the beautiful plants (with labels) in the Rain forest.
The discovery center at Moody Gardens, Galveston TX
 To get a true perspective of how big a Tyrannosaurs Rex truly was.
Hibiscus, in the gardens of Moody Gardens, Galveston TX
 To see the lovely flowers blooming in their gardens.
Brown Pelicans flying over Moody Gardens, Galveston TX
To walk along the pathways and to see Brown Pelicans flying over head and then swooping down to catch something in the bay.
Then to walk to Schlittebahn
Just a section of  Schlitterbahn Water Park, Galveston TX
(This image has been getting the most hits on my blog recently so I thought I would include the other two images I took at the same time so that you can see all of what Schlitterbahn looks like at Galveston.).




To play at  Schlitterbahn Water park.

Schlitterbahn, Galveston TX
(Because I'm getting a lot of hits for Schlitterbahn in Galveston, Tx I'm going to include the map they gave us so people can see all the activities there is to do.)

To go to the Beach and to marvel at the wonders of nature.  The Gulf of Mexico is so impressive.

The beach at mile 33.
The beach

And then to visit my favorite museum.
Ocean Star Offshore Drilling rig museum

There will be more about all these wonderful places!!


1 comment:

  1. wonderful to find that you call us your "favorite" museum!!! :)
    ~Trinidad Claire, Programs Manager
    Ocean Star Offshore Drilling Rig and Museum

    ReplyDelete