Blogging helps me share things with people. My goal is for you to see something that brings a smile to you.

Saturday, May 7, 2011

I feel like I'm such a rock loving nerd

   I went to the wedding today.  It was a lovely outdoor wedding at the brides home in the front yard.  I had a very nice time.  I did not take any pictures of the wedding with my cell phone because there were so many others taking them.  I forgot I had my phone with me and left it like that - not taking any pictures.
  The reception was in the back yard.  While my husband and I were waiting on the wedding party to finish taking their wedding pictures, we were talking with the couple next to us.  I commented upon what a lovely back yard we were in.  I mentioned that there were some unusual rocks in their garden that  I saw as I was walking into the back yard.  I wondered where the rocks came from since they looked like the landscape was done with them in it but they were so large I couldn't imagine paying for them to be shipped in.  The person I was talking to happened to know the father of the bride who built the house.  The guy was in construction and the father talked to him about the problems he was having finding these rocks as they were building the house. They didn't know what to do with them so they incorporated them into the landscaping. They did move the rocks around some but basically these rocks that were here with the property when they got it.
     As I was leaving I just had to take some pictures of those rocks because I doubted I would ever get to see them again. I couldn't believe I took photos of rocks and not the happy couple. I would have taken more photos of other rocks there but ran out of space on my cell phone.







I just wonder if anyone else out there would take pictures of rocks in the yard but not of the wedding.  Oh what a social blunder that was. If this doesn't make me a rock loving nerd - I don't know what else would.

1 comment:

  1. Nerd.

    A picture feed I'm on had a gif yesterday of a half-naked woman walking out of a lake. And all I could think of was "what amazing mountains behind her! I wonder where that is?"

    ReplyDelete