Blogging helps me share things with people. My goal is for you to see something that brings a smile to you.

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Herb garden for Mother's day

My mothers day gift.  A herb garden.

Rosemary

Curry

Lemon Thyme

Parsley

Cilantro

Dill

Chives


Garlic
   When I was a teenager my mom decided she wanted a herb garden.  So we planted one for her next to our back porch.  I always loved going out and smelling all the different herbs.  For years I can remember when she would cook she would send us out to her garden to get fresh herbs.  I loved the taste of those fresh herbs.  I always thought that one day I would have one of my own.  Its taken this long but now I finally have one.  I just wish we could have found some mint and spearmint to go in it too. 
     The one thing I remember about my mom's garden was even though it was planted years ago, was the fact that we enjoyed it for a long long time.  Every time she cooked and sent us out to get some rosemary or parsley, I knew she was enjoying it.  I look forward to enjoying my garden just as much.

Here's a view of the planted garden


  The other thing I got was some blueberry bushes.  My family loves to eat blueberries.  I can hardly wait for these to mature.  To help with the pollination of the bushes, we were told we should plant something else to help attract the bees, so we got a couple of lavender plants too. 
Lavender


Blueberry  bush
 Now for some good eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment