Blogging helps me share things with people. My goal is for you to see something that brings a smile to you.

Sunday, March 20, 2011

No place like home

I went to a conference  in Woodworth, LA, at a place that was located in Alexander State Forest..  It was an all day event.  The surrounding were lovely and I really liked the pavilion where we spent a lot of our time.

Here are a couple of photos of what I was looking at most of the day.

Bayou Clear, Woodworth, LA
This area of the state has some of the more rugged terrain in it.  Don't you just love our mountains hills.  (I like to muse on geology but as you can see, unless I ponder upon recent deposition I don't have much to think upon unless I get some well logs to look at.)
 I thought it was so neat to see the cloud centered in the half circle.  By the time I got my camera out it had moved on a bit but I thought it was still a fun picture to take.
  Even though I had a good time, it was a long day and I was happy to get home.  I knew I was almost home when I turned onto our street and saw the sign below.

One of the things I love about my neighborhood is how friendly everyone is.  I knew I was going to like living in the place when we first started to look in the area because of these two signs that were up at the ends of our street and subdivision. 

Welcome home on the Bayou
Now whenever I travel I always look for one of these signs to know that I'm within walking distance of my home. Like I said in this post title:  There's no place like home.

No comments:

Post a Comment