Blogging helps me share things with people. My goal is for you to see something that brings a smile to you.

Thursday, March 17, 2011

HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY TO YOU

Today is St. Patrick's day and since my maiden name starts with an O' guess what?  I'm Irish! and as Irish I like to celebrate with corn beef, cabbage potatoes and of course beer. To get in the mood I took some pictures of three leaf clover - growing in my garden.  It seems that's all I'm good at growing these days but that's okay with me since I like them.
So here's  a couple of pictures of three leaf clover.
three leaf clover


three leaf clover (3-17-2011)

three leaf clover
three leaf clover (3-17-2011)



Being Irish, we had alcohol in the house.  I always loved this saying that my parents had by the drinks.
An Old Irish Toast
May you be in heaven a half hour before the devil knows you are dead.

When I was growing up there was this saying that was by the door as we left.  I looked at it every day and thought I knew it but then when I tried to write it down I had trouble, I think this is it.

An Old Irish Blessing
May the road rise up to meet you
And the wind always be at your back
May the sun shine warm upon your face
And the rain fall softly on your head
And until we meet again
May God hold you in the palm of his hand.


3-18-11
I realized I didn't put in a scale so you can see how well I can grow clover.
Here's what you normally see in the yards in my neighborhood.


And here's mine.

Three leaf clover


See I told you I could grow clover.

3-20-11
While I was walking I came across this unique clover and picked it so I could share it with others too.
 To me it looked like there were three hearts on it and that was why it was so special.

No comments:

Post a Comment