Blogging helps me share things with people. My goal is for you to see something that brings a smile to you.

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

MUSINGS ON SNOW - in 2010

 2010 - THE YEAR OF SNOW for me.
Last year I noticed some of the blogs did a year end review.  That got me thinking about this past year for me.
I live in the south but grew up north.  Most of the time I enjoy the weather of the south.  But every once in a while I do miss the snow of the north.  This year was a great year for me because I got to see snow not once but four different times, in four distinctly different places.


SUNDANCE, UTAH -JAN 21-25
It started out with me fulfilling one of my bucket list items of going to the Sundance film festival in Sundance Utah on Jan 21-25.  I had always wanted to see how the whole procedure was done. Of the ones that I saw ( and there were a lot that I didn't get to see) the two films that impressed me the most was 'The Profit' and 'Winter Bones'.  It was fun being able to cast a vote in favor of them. 

While I was there we did get quite a bit of snow and of course I had to take pictures to show the people back home. Here are a few of my favorite ones:
 
 






























Here are some links to Sundance. Mount_Timpanogos , Sundance_Resort, and Sundance_Film_Festival



SHREVEPORT, LOUISIANA
NEXT IT ACTUALLY SNOWED IN LOUISIANA ON FEB. 12, 2010
my backyard
























WHISTLER - CANADA
I got to go to Whistler, British Columbia - Canada on July 18-22, 2010, for a business trip with my husband's business.  Since the Olympic had been there earlier in the year there were plenty of hotel rooms available in the summer which made it a good business designation place since they were set up for large groups.  I was amazed at all the stuff there was still to do in the summer, like white water rafting, biking, horse riding, golfing, zip lines, and hiking.  I had always thought of it as a winter spot to go to and didn't realize they would have so much to offer in the off season.  Its still a great place to go to in the summer.  We were not expecting to see snow, but there was still snow there left over from the winter.  People were still snowboarding and skiing. So here's some of my snow pictures of Blackcomb Mountain:



































Here are some links to Whistler
  Whistler_Blackcomb,Whistler_Mountain -geology

MADISON OHIO - DECEMBER 22,
Every year I try to make it up north to the Cleveland, Ohio area at least once to visit my family that still lives up there.  This year was no exception.  Normally I go in November but this year I couldn't go until Christmas time.  While I was there, it snowed the whole time.  My youngest son thought this was great and loved playing in it.  Since there was such a good amount, I took him and my nephew sledding at River View Park, Lake county on the Grand River.  It was my son's first time to go sledding on a hill of substance and he had a blast.
Here are the pictures of that:













Here's Links to Lake_County,_Ohio, Grand River, Oh


  Great_Lakes, 
Lake_Erie-Geology
Grand River, Riverview park, Lake county Ohio                                                                                                             

No comments:

Post a Comment