Blogging helps me share things with people. My goal is for you to see something that brings a smile to you.

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Horizontal Drilling

Someone forwarded this to me quite awhile ago and I want to share it with others.  It shows how a  horizontal well is drilled.  Northen Oil and Gas Inc made it.  It only takes a couple of minutes to watch but it shows and explains so much.  You can tell this was made so that anyone could understand how an oil well is drilled horizontally.  I really like this video and have watched it a couple of times.  (I couldn't figure out how to download the video just the link).
  I've been interested in horizontal wells because of the Haynesville shale.  The Haynesville shale is a big gas play that is going on in my area, and is something I like to follow.  One of these days I'll get around to writing more about the shale.

No comments:

Post a Comment