Blogging helps me share things with people. My goal is for you to see something that brings a smile to you.

Friday, September 6, 2013

RIP - K C my pet doodle bug/puppy

What a week this has been. A week ago I was visiting a friend in the hospital.  He had cancer of the throat.  My dad died from cancer of the throat and seeing him reminded me so much of my dad and what we went through with him. The one thing with my dad was he had it twice in his life. The 1ST time when I was 15 and he lived another 28 years after that. This friend also has a 15 year old and I'm praying he has the same outcome as my dad.

Then over the Labor day weekend my one dog Buddy had a seizure.  He seemed to had recovered but then all day Tuesday he was really out of it.  As I was heading to bed he just clasped on the floor and couldn't get up. So Wed I took him to the vet.  He had been in the vet the month before with problems.  I've had him 16 1/2 years and he was full grown when i got him so he's probably 18 years old. The vet did blood work and came back that he has pancreatic cancer and is anemic. He does not appear to be in pain and so the vet didn't think it was time to put him down. So I took him home and have been spoiling him. Trying to enjoy the last few day together.  He probably won't last the month.

I was so focused on Buddy I wasn't paying much attention to my other dog K C.  I've had her for 17 years.  Even though she was so old I always called her my puppy because she was so small.  She was half miniature dachshund and half Chihuahua . Her other nickname was doodle bug since she loved to crawl under covers and things to get warm.
 For the last 3 years she's been suffering from congestive heart problems.  The frustrating thing about her was she would not take medicine that would help her so we just tried to make her as comfortable as possible and let her do her own thing.  We never expected her to live this long. Wouldn't you know it she picked today to die.  Its been a rough day and week.

She was a good dog and I'm grateful that I was able to have her and her dad as long as I did.  I had her dad T C for 13 years so between the two of them it's been 30 years.  It feels like it is an end of a era to me. I will miss them so much.  And now I need to have a good cry.

A while back when I found out about her heart problems I did a post on her. I'll amend this soon with the link but right now I just can't go there.

Here's a picture of her in later life

postscript: on 9-6-2013 both my friend and other dog Buddy died.  Isn't that a bummer.

No comments:

Post a Comment