Blogging helps me share things with people. My goal is for you to see something that brings a smile to you.

Saturday, June 1, 2013

Jackson Zoo, Jackson Mississippi

I went to Jackson Mississippi and had the days free while my husband was taking a continuing ed course.  While there I decided to go to the Jackson Zoo. (here's the official link to it  Jackson Zoo  )

It was a nice place and pretty much was what I expected of a zoo.  The one thing that was it really had going for it was: it was not too big and was very easy to walk around.  I also liked the fact that it was very children friendly and I saw lots of families with small children visiting while I was there.  What I mean is they had other things to do there besides just seeing the animals.   Things like a carousel and water park features.

I didn't take a lot of pictures there - I was too busy watching the animals.   It was hot and most of them were not very active.



 I had a guide but I've miss placed it so I'm too sure of some of these names.
This might be a Colobus Money

Red pandas,

 The were the chimpanzees
 A blue heron with hoof stock in the background

Rhinoceros at the Jackson MS Zoo
 Flamingo's
it just said birds on the map and I forgot to write down the names of the exhibits that I saw.

 White pelican
Pelican @ Jackson Zoo, MS

  Cougars.  they were the only animal that was really active.  They kept on pacing around. 
Cougar @ Jackson Zoo, MS

Cougar pacing at the Jackson Zoo, MS
The  Black Bear was snoozing under the tree and was right against the fence.  I think it was trying to get under as much shade as possible.
Black Bear at the Jackson Zoo.


giraffe at the Jackson MS Zoo


Giraffe at the Jackson Zoo, MS
 I thought it unusual that the map said tigers but when I saw them they were definitely spotted so I thought they were Leopards.


Even though it was a small zoo they did have a wide variety of animals and they were interesting to see.
I had had a busy day and the zoo was a nice way to spend a part  of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment