Blogging helps me share things with people. My goal is for you to see something that brings a smile to you.

Sunday, June 2, 2013

Jackson Mississippi State Capitol Building

When I was a child, one of my dad's goals in life was to visit all the different state capitol buildings in the United States.  He made it to most of the states - I know he never got to Hawaii or Alaska but he got to most of the mainland ones.  I think the only ones on the mainland he never made it to were Idaho and Montana and as his child I had no choice but to visit the different state capitols too.  But I had never gotten to see the southern states since he visited those when he was in the Army during World War II and was stationed in the area for awhile. 
    Since I've already seen so many of the different state capitols I thought I would keep up my dad's tradition and try to see the ones I had not seen before.  One of them was Jackson Mississippi so on this trip it was one of my main objectives to see it.

My dad like getting his picture taken on the steps.  I just liked taking the pictures of the steps since the buildings are usually so architecturally pretty. 
Here are the pictures I got. 
Here's the front.
Jackson Mississippi State capitol building

State Capitol Building, Jackson Mississippi
 I really liked the bird that was on the top of it.
Here's a close up of it and the front facade




In front of the stairs was this statue dedicated to  our mothers, daughters, sisters and wives and all the sacrifices they have to endure while men go off to war.


Closer images of it.






There was also this bell in front too. 

When we first got there we entered in the back and didn't even realize that was the back except when we looked up and saw the eagle was facing the other way.  The back was just as interesting as the front.  I was not able to get all of it in one image and had to take more than one.


backside of the Jackson Mississippi state capitol building



I wished we could have gone inside but everything was already closed by the time we got there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment