Blogging helps me share things with people. My goal is for you to see something that brings a smile to you.

Thursday, March 22, 2012

A FOX @ Cypress Bend Resort

THIS POST IS DEDICATED TO SILVER FOX in appreciation for all of her help.
Sitting Red Fox
 
  A while back my husband had a business meeting at Cypress Bend Resort, Many LA, which is located next to the Toledo Bend Reservoir,  the largest lake in Texas and is part of the Texas - Louisiana  boarder (Wikipedia - Toledo Bend Reservoir).   Its on the western boarder but is in the central part of the state near Many, LA .
Cypress Bend Resort
Toledo Bend at Cypress Bend Resort

Toledo Bend looking north on LA-6/TX-21

  We were meeting up with people from Lake Charles, Baton Rouge and Shreveport.  This was a convenient spot for everyone and no one had to drive too many hours to get there.  That and the reason it was off season so they could get really good deals on the room rates.
  It was a beautiful location and in a pretty rural spot.  Its known for its golf course.

 Its also close to Hodges Gardens one of my favorite spots to visit as I wrote about it here - Hodges Garden State Park.  I went with my husband to help with the driving because the next day he had to be in Austin Texas and I had already made plans to help him drive there.  (That's a six hour drive away and he was under time pressure to be there by a certain time.)  My husband has learned when there are long drives like that it really helps to have someone else driving so he can make calls while he is out of the office. 

   While my husband was in his meeting I was taking my time, enjoying the scenery and had a leisurely breakfast.  I couldn't believe it when while I was waiting on the food  a real live FOX walked by my window.  It took a couple of seconds to register that it actually was a fox and not some local dog.  And by Fox I mean the animal kind and not a good looking gal.  As I was watching her I thought of Silver Fox and wondered if she had ever seen a fox like this out in the wilderness.  I wished I could share it with her and then remembered I had my camera in my purse.  I tried to take some pictures but they didn't turn out.  I had given up on the fox when it sat down.  She was close to another window and so I quietly went up to that window.  I tried taking a photo and my flash went off.  I turned my flash off and still tried to take some more photos hoping some of them would turn out. The Fox moved and I thought I had lost it, but then it stopped again,  looked around,  and then started to sneak forward.   I noticed she was sneaking forward to get a piece of bread that had been left for the local wildlife.  The night before we had seen some ducks around the greens and I'm sure that bread was out there for them.  The fox was determined to get the piece of bread (maybe she knew it was for her - who knows but it was great seeing her sneak up and get it.).  As soon as she got it she was out of there.
Red Fox sitting
Red Fox  standing
Red Fox sneaking forward
Red Fox being cautious before grabbing piece of bread

Red Fox getting a piece of bread

It was so neat seeing this real live fox.  As soon as I got home I looked it up on Wikipedia and determined it was a Red Fox,.

I was surfing the web and on June 21 2012,  I saw this article about a fox  that was thought to be extinct was photographed on Mt. Hood in the Oregon live news. What really blew me away with this article was to find out how rare that fox is.
   I realize this red fox here is probably one of the invasive red foxes that has gotten domesticated by living so close to humans but it still it makes me appreciated the fact that I got to see one.  Domesticated or not - it was still pretty wild. 
   
 Muse thought: Again I want to thank Silver Fox.  If I hadn't wanted to share seeing this fox with her I might not have been able to get these photo's. 

  

1 comment:

  1. It happens so many times that while you are looking for some good holiday resort India, you end up choosing one that not only suits your style but has that idiosyncratic deluxe ambience. Hence, Jaypee is one out of them where luxury galore and sumptuousness emanates!

    ReplyDelete