Blogging helps me share things with people. My goal is for you to see something that brings a smile to you.

Thursday, March 22, 2012

The azalaes are in bloom early this year

   The azalea flowers are in full bloom at The Norton Art Gallery again.  Last year I wrote about the Norton Art Gallery : here.  This year I was hoping to catch them earlier when they were in full bloom. Unfortunately every thing is blooming a whole lot earlier than it has in the past. Normally we find the week before Easter as the best time to see the azaleas at the gallery.  But this year everything seems to be blooming 3 weeks earlier than normal.  This has thrown my good intentions to the wayside since I wasn't counting on that.
   I went by on Monday and they were spectacular, but when I did it I didn't have my camera and I didn't have a whole lot of time to enjoy them.  I thought I would come back the next day but the weather didn't cooperate.  It seemed like when I had the free time to go it was raining out side.  Now due to all the rain a lot of the blooms have fallen off and I've missed the peak again.  Its still a beautiful place and I love the fact that it has a live feed where I can look at them from home on my computer here: Norton Art Gallery live cam of the flowers .  I hope you check them out too.

  The other day I did get some pictures of the azaleas that were blooming in the area.
Azaleas in bloom
Azaleas in  full bloom
Azaleas blooming in my yard

Muse thought: I hope next year I get to see the azaleas in full bloom at the Norton Art Gallery.

No comments:

Post a Comment