Blogging helps me share things with people. My goal is for you to see something that brings a smile to you.

Saturday, May 2, 2015

2015 Blue Angles show on May 2 & 3


Yesterday I was looking forward to some down time but my serenity in my backyard was disturbed.  What I saw was worth it.  The Blue Angles were in town for an airshow and they were practicing.  I grabbed my camera and cellphone.  I tried taking a picture with the camera and just couldn't get anything.  Then I switched to my cell and got something and was pleased with what I got.
I could actually see some of the planes when I enlarged it. They were still flying; I could tell by the sounds I was hearing.  I went ahead and decided to maybe take a video.  They did a maneuver and put the trailers on and I could see them do it.  I thought this is great but when I looked down at the phone it was recording me.  I was taking a selfie as I was ohhing and ahhing over what I was seeing.  I went ahead and switched over, missing some things in the process but then I heard them flyby but by the time I heard it they were already heading back.  I tried to get the video and was please I got them.  Trouble was when I downloaded it to the computer I was holding the camera wrong.  Its still impressive and for 14 seconds its worth looking at. (Thank blogger Its corrected it so you can see it.)

I was able to take some stills of the video and am using them here.


Blue Angles flying overhead, May 2, 2015 Shreveport, LA
 


On May 2nd I was ready for them since this was when the official show had been scheduled, and did get some video and other photos. This time knew how to hold the camera and also how to get some still shots of the video so I was all set to record things. Again I got things and was please with what I saw.

 Once again they did fly overhead and I was better prepared for them this time.This video is when the planes flew over my house I did get 10 seconds of good images. They're after the videos.


 Here they are flying over my house.


Blue Angles flying overhead, Shreveport, May 2 2015


All I can say is that they are so amazing to see.  If you ever get a chance to do to one of their shows you should definitely do it.

Another day of the Blue Angles.  I wasn't expecting them to fly again today but was glad they did.  Unfortunately there were a lot more clouds in the sky and you just couldn't see things as well.  But of course I did get some more images to share and since no one has looked at this post yet I feel fine in adding them to it.

The hardest thing about getting the pictures is you have to listen to where the sound is coming from and then look ahead of that.  Not always the easiest thing to do.  Here is a video that shows what I'm talking about. There are two jets flying in this video but they are among the trees and are hard to see.

Most of the stuff I got the planes were so distant you just couldn't get a very good images like this video.  Again there are planes flying in this whole video but they're very hard to see they are so far off they just show up as specs on the screen..  They show up best once they go in front of the cloud. 


 As in the previous days they did fly overhead and I was glad to get that shot too.

Here's some of the unedited pictures I got on May 3.
 


 
I did do a couple of edited ones again but the day before seemed better to me.
 It always amazes me that they can fly so close together and do the things that they do.

Blue Angles over Shreveport May 3, 2015
 Again all I can say is that they are impressive.  One last parting image.

No comments:

Post a Comment