Blogging helps me share things with people. My goal is for you to see something that brings a smile to you.

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

2014- My annual pilgramage to the Gem & Mineral Show

Its that time of year again and I've made my annual pilgramige to the Gem & Mineral Show in my area.
I did not get too many pictures on my camera because I was having too much fun looking at all the wonderful things.  Then I started to buy some beads to work with and forgot all about it.  The next day I did go again to pick up a few items I didn't ge the day before but wished I had.  I did not have my camera with me and was only able to take some pictures on my cell phone.

I thought this fish was really intersting to see.
 
 Look at this crynoid - I just would love to own something like that but the price was out of my range.

Now to see what I've made with some of the lovely's that I got while I was there and from previous years..  
This is not turquoise but a stone that has been dyed to look like turquoise, I think its howlite.
 Freshwater pearls with daisy brass spacers.
 Amozonite with freshwater pearls

 Rose Quartz with fresh water peals and spacers with brass&glass.
 Adventurine with decorated brass spacers.
 More Turqoise dyed beads but this was a lighter shade than the other set
 Hematite beads of various shapes.
 This is a manmade stone called goldstone but its popular with my friend and its fun to work with.
 This was a petrified wood that I think they were calling picture jasper.  It has hematite spacer beads.
I got a lot more but some of the designs are similar and so I haven't included them.
In case you are wondering why there are so many hearts its because with a couple of groups in my area my title is 'Lady of Love' and when I give these to my friends it shows my love for them.

I find beading to be extremely relaxing and a great hobby to have.  I just love it when I can get new materials to work with and let my creative juices flow.


No comments:

Post a Comment